Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Latest Happenings - Cons, Arts, Website Re-Vamp

I feel like I say this every few months, but I'm really REALLY going to try to blog more. And yes, I know I just cursed myself. And I'm also going to get myself an Instagram account that I'll totally use!

....


*sigh*

Ok, before the actual content, I'll just say that you can also find me on Facebook and follow my feed there, which is updated much more regularly.

Anyway... things! Stuff! I recently had a table at RetroGameCon in Syracuse, NY!

My set-up... darn the weird color-shifting overhead lights!

I had a fun time, sold most of my originals, and got to chat to many very nice people! I also worked on a couple small paintings while there, one of Harley Quinn and one of Batgirl.

Harleen
Barbara




















I'm going to touch up both pieces a bit more, then varnish and frame them and take them down to MoCCA Fest in the Spring (though they are available to purchase if you don't want to wait, just email me at heather@ryersonillustration.com).

I'm also working on a book cover project for author Danny Knestaut. The book is titled Arachnodactyl, and is a really wonderful steampunk-flaired novel. Once the final rough sketch is approved, I'll be putting up a lot of painting process posts/pics. Also in the works is a large Norse Mythology themed project, part of which will be incorporated into an upcoming art book being put together by an extremely talented group of women artists.

Lastly, my website is soon to be updated... and it needs it! I'm going for a much cleaner design, and will be adding a section back in for some of my sketches, studies, and general art wanderings in addition to my finished illustrations.

So that's all for now.... until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment